I'm an independent IT Consultant specializing in WordPress development who lives in Seacoast NH. I've been a programmer for most of my life. In 1994, I created my first web site in my spare time at college and then went on to create many for friends and corporate overlords. In 2006, I took the leap to being my own boss and have never regretted it. I discovered WordPress and created my first WordPress site in 2009 and I was hooked. Since then, WordPress has taken over more and more of my life.
At this point, I am a bit of a WordPress evangelist. I run the Seacoast NH WordPress meetup and in 2014 I spoke at 3 different WordCamps (WordCamp Maine, WordCamp Boston, and WordCamp Providence) on WordPress development topics. I love WordPress because it allows me to create complex web sites which can be easily managed and maintained by non-technical users.
In addition to WordPress development (themes and plugins), my specialties include Crystal Reports, reporting, databases and data analysis.
- I have worked with Amanda for several years now, and I have to say that she is a true pleasure to work with. She genuinely cares about delivering an exceptional product, and has provided my clients with innovative and elegant design and development solutions on multiple occasions. In 2013, Amanda developed a comprehensive WordPress site for my client Mr. Fox Composting (http://mrfoxcomposting.com/). She was able to put together a technically complex and mobile responsive site on time and well under budget. As a WordPress developer, she brings a level of finesse and skill that is hard to come by. Amanda is patient and has always worked with me ensure my project requirements have been translated into a fully finished site. I continue to work with Amanda because I know she will deliver a quality product on time with no hassle. I highly recommend her for your next WordPress project!Shawn SippelDirector of Technology at The Atom Group
- I highly recommend Amanda Giles as a WordPress developer that is talented, professional and patient. It has been an absolute pleasure to work with her on multiple projects. On each project she has give me her utmost attention; always making me feel like my work was her top priority. She was always patient with my learning process of building a functional site and any changes that needed to be made were always done quickly. Amanda is committed to always getting things right the first time and goes above and beyond to ensure that the development process goes smoothly. I especially appreciate how quick she is to respond to any form of communication. I look forward to working with her on more sites!Lianna Dow
- Amanda was incredible - She was able to field a complex, custom WordPress Plugin development request with finesse and care, from concept to implementation. She was even kind enough to support her work beyond the completion date.
Amanda's personality makes the entire process fun and informative, something I didn't expect given my assumption that 'programming' means 1's and 0's.
I hope to have more projects that will full utilize her abilities as her work is exceptional and she is a joy to work with.Shane Ernest
- Top qualities: Expert, Good Value, On Time
It is hard to choose just three positive attributes for Amanda. We have hired Amanda for numerous projects and each time have been rewarded with an exceptional project partner. Once tasks are assigned we know we don't need to concern ourselves with Amanda's portion -- it will be done right and on-time. She is also a joy to work with and highly intuitive about not only her facets of the project, but also how her work is affected by and affects ours.Michael Tanimura
- Top qualities: Great Results, Personable, Good Value
Outstanding development / sql skills across multiple languages and applications. Amanda provides well thought out solutions that work to design, the first time. She is well received by end-users and senior management. Amanda has been a successful analyst and key player for me at two companies. She’s bright, and does a great job on everything you assign her.Mike JasperThompson Arms
- Top qualities: Great Results, Good Value, High Integrity
In addition to the three attributes listed above, I would add "personable,"Expert," and "On Time." Oh, and "Creative." In short, Amanda is a terrific resource. She created an online magazine for us that had been designed by a design group that primarily works in print. She helped us work through how we wanted the magazine to function, and then was able to translate the print-based design into an elegant and functional web. We are delighted with the performance. In addition, she created a CMS user manual for us that is simple, well written, and thorough. Working with Amanda has been a tremendously rewarding experience and a real pleasure.Patricia Nedeau
- Top qualities: Great Results, Personable, Expert
We've used Amanda for several years now, and I can't say enough about her professionalism and deep understanding of our database and research services. Whenever we're in a bind, or need to do some custom research for a client (which is all the time!), Amanda is there to help us out.Eric Stites
- Top qualities: Great Results, Good Value, Creative
Amanda has provided outstanding service for our manufacturing organization over the past five years. She has worked for many of our divisions on a variety of systems dealing directly with end users and senior management. Amanda has excellent analytic and communication skills and it is a pleasure reviewing new projects with her. Analysis is done in short order and results are always successful. Projects include Crystal reporting, Excel/VBA reporting, Access DB Development, and customized EDI solutions. She is our number one consultant and is called upon for our most difficult tasks.Alan Fioretti
IT Gal Blog
Slides from my talk entitled “The Way to Theme Enlightenment” Stepping into theme development can be daunting. Sure anyone with <more>
Video, slides and related code files from my “Creating Customizable Widgets for Unpredictable Needs” talk given at Boston WordPress Meetup <more>
I ran into a troubling issue recently. A client’s WordPress site was having SEO issues because the Googlebot was getting <more>